Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I have a toilet with a new opitma siphon fitted. The flush

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a toilet with a new opitma siphon fitted. The flush is slow, filling the bowl and receding in a couple of minutes but with too little flow to move even a wet tissue. The level simply rises up the bowl and steadily down again.
It is not blocked. I have even removed the soil pipe elbow to check. There is an inspection cover only a metre away and everything runs clear.
It is an old style, wide low level bowl and even before the new siphon sometimes was very slow.
I am completely stumped.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

When you flush it with the inspection cover off does the water wash past it just fine or does it rise there too? Does the toilet flush regularly with the cover off?