Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I have a dual flush pneumatic toilet. The air pressure from

Customer Question

I have a dual flush pneumatic toilet. The air pressure from the buttons is not strong enough to push the valve down. I think the syphon (?) may need replacing. On the inside of the chrome lid it says the Button Pump Service Kit is SVO4567. some questions: first, is this the bit that I want secondly, is it easy to fit for a diy amateur, thirdly can it be done without removing the cistern and fourthly do you have any instructions. Thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1/2 hr today but been suffering for years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if reasonably easy I'm a competent diyer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of at the moment, I have the price from your sales dept.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have just found a picture of an SVO4567 which shows the two air pumps with air tubes attached. I don't think this is the part I want. Its the the actual syphon which is really hard to operate - the air pushing the rubber diaphram is there but the plungers are difficult to push down even with my finger. Is it the syphon which needs replacing, is this easy to do on an enclosed system and what is the part number i need?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 3 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  James I replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** am one of the JA experts do you still require assistance?

If so are you able to attach a picture of the siphon and confirm when you removed the flush plate if the tubes are connected at both end?