Christopher Coleman
Christopher Coleman,
Experience:  Owner at Big River Service Center
66637759

I am having trouble with my plumming. I have no cold water

Hi ... I am having trouble with my plumming. I have no cold water in the bathroom sink and the bath cold is running at a trickle. Downstairs is fine, the washers are fine. I have been advised it's an airlcok and i need to drian the system?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: bathroom sink been out of action for about a week. Bath started to trickle today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes ... maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i know nothing about plumbing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all i need to know is how to drain my system to get rid of this airlock. I am a single female with no plumbing abilities.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm an expert here on Just Answer and have been for almost a decade. I will be more than happy to assist you today. I DO NOT send the PHONE REQUEST and do not use it so you will not be charged for that service. The computer generates that automatically and I can't stop it. Experts are NOT employees working from our homes or offices in our spare time. WE DO NOT have control of any delays in you getting an answer. We answer questions as we get them sent to us.

To clear a airlock all you have to do is keep the faucet open and the water pressure will push the air trapped out the faucet. However, this is not the problem and the most likely cause is the hot water heater that is filling with cold water so it can heat it up. Wait a few hours and if the condition still exist let me know. Also, check around the water heater for leaks as well and the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi ... thanks for the response. Not sure what hot water heater you are referring to. I don't have a combi boiler ... I have a back boiler.

You are quite welcome. A back boiler still has a water holding reservoir and if this isn't working properly the water flow can be reduced. A combi boiler has no storage and is an instant hot water producer so as above the water heater can be the problem.