James I
James I, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

I have an Aqualista Peach Aquaforce 65 shower pump fitted in

Hi I have an Aqualista Peach Aquaforce 65 shower pump fitted in my home and has been giving good service until I had to drain the system for some plumbing repairs. On start up I had an air lock and the pump started making strange noises. I managed to get rid of the airlock but now the pump is leaking. I'm no sure that repair parts are available now? but if not, what would be a suitable replacement pump considering that it only services one shower at the moment I would like the capacity to supply a send shower cheers
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It has only just occurred a few days ago, the leak is bad enough to drip through the ceiling below if left running for extended periods. It does not appear to leak if I turn off the power yo the pump.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes although my son (a plumber) might be able to do it but he's very busy and not very local
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Colin

Hi Colin, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

All parts for the pump are showing discontinued I am afraid, I cant seem to see the flow rate of the pump, however if its just own shower your need to provide water to then something like this one here would work if its a gravity fed system, as it gives 1.8bar.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is gravity fed from cold water tanks in the roof space of a 3 storey building with the hot water immersion tank just below it. The current shower is on the floor below but as previously mentioned, I want to feed another shower (and a hand basin) on the ground floor as well. The existing pump says 340 watts on it but doesn’t give the Bar rating. Would the pump that you have suggested be big enough or would I need something more powerful?Thanks Coln

The one referenced should work its 455W, and should work powering two shows at the same time, the chance of also needing a hot tab in the basin and 2 shows is unlikely so shouldnt be a issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanksColin

No problem appreciate if you can rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.