Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I am building an extension on my house & need to change the

Customer Question

Hello, I am building an extension on my house & need to change the hot water system, amoung other things. I think the best thing to do is convert to a mains pressure system & would like to discuss best options.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this plumbing issue?
Customer: Just starting!
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Questions don't make sense!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The extension project is in two halves, I have joined up to a garage by the side of my house & built a bedroom/bathroom above it, all with underfloor water heating pipes. I am going to move into this room before gutting the rest of the house & building in the loft. I have plenty of questions that I would like to discuss. I need to empty the loft of water tanks etc, now is the time to make the decisions. Is a direct unvented system the best way to go & is 250ltrs adequate? Does it matter how far from the boiler the tank is? Should I maintain the 22mm mains pipe size all the way to the tank? I have an AGA cooker with water heater option, is using this an option to take the load off the boiler.
JA: What's the brand and model of your water tank? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know it was here when I bought the house 3 years ago. It is a copper cylinder, clad with foam insulation in an airing cupboard on the ground floor with a large tank in the loft. I will end up with 3 bathrooms to supply including 2 on-suite all up stairs.
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your water tank; I'll connect you shortly. What have you tried so far with your water tank?
Customer: Why do you want to know about the existing tank? It will not be big enough or likely take a mains pressure.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  James I replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I'm James, a JustAnswer expert, do you stll require assistance?