Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Basically, I had a water leak in my bathtub today and the

Customer Question

Basically, I had a water leak in my bathtub today and the landlord sent over his plumber (who is his brother) to fix it. He looked at it for like 10 mins before concluding that we'd caused the issue by using a wire hanger which had 'dislodged the trap'. We haven't used a wire hanger to try and declog it, but he refuses to believe me. I also find it absurd to even think that a wire would be able to unscrew the trap from the inside, so I'm wondering: is that even feasible? Or is he trying to scam us of money?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 8 days ago.
It’s not feasible with any bath trap I’ve ever seen, but you if you post a photo of the trap I’ll give you a more definite answer.