Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My son has just purchased a new build house the en suite

Customer Question

My son has just purchased a new build house the en suite shower is an aqualisa power shower again brand new the problem he is experiencing is the water pressure is fine on cold but as soon as hot water is introduced the pressure drops dramatically and on full hot is just a dribble how can this problem be resolved
Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Since he bought the house 3 months ago the problem is severe because he can't shower properly
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.
Hello, this should be reported to, and fixed by, the builder, but I’m happy to help you with it.

Could you tell me the model of the shower, and whether the hot supply is gravity, pumped, or unvented vessel, or combi boiler?

Also, is there good flow from the basin hot tap in the same room?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Tim the unit is Aqualisa quartz electric 9.5 there is a good flow from the basin hot and cold and the heat source is a combi boiler
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

This is an electric shower, so is cold feed only. The poor flow on a hot setting suggests a blockage, so you (or your son) should check the inlet filter. It wouldn't be too unusual for the builder's plumbing contractor to fail to flush the system properly, or for debris to find its way into your supply as a result of other work being carried out on the same estate.