James I
James I, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

I have had an oil delivery and the boiler is showing 9F 855

I have had an oil delivery and the boiler is showing 9F 855 fault, it does re start but for the last few days has been cutting out 3-5 times a day. What can I do to resolve this

Hi Daniel, I'm James, a JustAnswer expert, we offer chargeable services; you may see adverts for me to call you, these are optional services you can purchase

Whats the make and model of the boiler, if the boiler has been trying to run on low oil its likely developed a hardware fault, but it may be in a lockout.

Once I know the model I can advise further.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Worcester bosh heatslave ll , combi it had 500 litres of oil in the tank , so it wasn’t low. The company that installed it said it might be an air lock from the oil delivery ??

The boiler is a lock out state, give me a few mins I will advise how to clear it and see if we can get it to purge.

If you press the reset button located to the left of the display does it still fail to start, if so wait 2-3 min then repeat.

Do this 5 times and let me know if the boiler still fails to light.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It starts 1st time , then once it’s been running for a while cuts out again some times 10 mins sometimes 5 hours , always starts 1st time

Ok thats not an air lock then, as after 5-10 min its pulled through air air which would have been in the pipe anyway.

It sounds like you may have a faulty photo sensor and every now and again its not detecting the flame and locking out.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The boiler is only 1 year old , so under guarantee , is it a common fault ?

Not very comment the Greenstar range of boilers are very reliable in my experience.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No, thanks for your help

No problem so I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.