Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

The wall mounted controls of my Mira shower have become very

the wall mounted controls of my Mira shower have become very stiff to rotate
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: it has become progressively worse over the past few months , so much so as my wife who has arthritis in her hands finds it difficult to control now
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just partly dismantled it but could not see where the problem lay,it feels as if it needs lubrication
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No nothig else
Hello, lubrication isn’t the answer.

If you’re in a hard water area then the moving parts could have become coated with scale. It’s possible to descale, but in most houses the shower isn’t fitted with local isolating valves, so you might be without water while descaling.

For that reason, most times it’s best to order a replacement cartridge and fit that.

If you tell me the exact model I can help you to find the parts(s).