How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Cooke Your Own Question
Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1292
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Tim Cooke is online now

My Junker Boiler Euromax xx runs hot and then cool. The

This answer was rated:

My Junker Boiler Euromax xx runs hot and then cool. The maintenance plumber said that a part in it had become blocked with lime scale. can I order a replacement part?
JA: Have you replaced any part of your boiler before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: A circuit board was replaced several years ago.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About two months. Have not tried any remedy yet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Also have a slow leak from the inlet water valve.

Hello, to clarify, is it the hot water from the tap that won't stay at a consistent temperature?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
at the tap

1. How old is the boiler?
2. What is the water hardness in your area?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
16 years / quite haed.

Then your plumber's theory is plausible, assuming that he means that the DHW heat exchanger is scaled up, and assuming that you don't have any anti-scale measures in place.

Why do you want to order the part - are you planning to do the work yourself?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not doing the work myself but want to get a prove for the replacement pairt.
My advice is to get the price, and a labour estimate, from the person who’s going to do the work, and ask them to diagnose it first, because if they supply the part(s) then they have to give a warranty for all the parts and workmanship.If you tell them to replace the heat exchanger without diagnosing the problem then you have no recourse if it doesn’t fix the problem.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your advise

You're welcome.

Is the maintenance plumber who visited you a Gas Safe registered engineer?

Tim Cooke and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you