Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have two showers with cold water and electric supply. near

Customer Question

I have two showers with cold water and electric supply.
near the electric fuse box is a tank. there is no gas. it is a ground floor flat.
can i use a shower with a pump built in somehow. do they exist ?
would it be easier to install a pump near the mains ? but this would mean more wiring ... ??
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Hello, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

So that I can guide you, I need to ask you quite a few questions...

1. What is the make and model of each shower?
2. Could you give more details of the tank? A photo would be great.
3. Do you know whether or not you have any stored cold water?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
its stored cold water a white metal tank sealed off about 6ft high on a wooden base
the showers at the moment are bog standard, made by ?redring.. hot cold and eco mode. pull a string lever to get it going.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
id like to install sometihng similar to triton TAS2000SR. wihtout having to do much drilling or modification to the wall. ie would have to run off the cold supply.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

You say "bog standard", but there are at least seven different types of shower that depend on different types of water supply.

On the underside each of the Redring shower units there should be a label that has the model number on it.

The TAS2000SR is designed to be fed from lower pressure "gravity" cold and hot supplies, and it unlikely to be suitable for any flat.

Turning back to your white tank, it sounds very unusual - it sounds more like a hot water tank; possibly an unvented vessel. Does it have a product label on it?

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 3 days ago.

Hello, how are you getting on with your shower plans?