Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My water connection is common pipe with neighbour. When he

My water connection is common pipe with neighbour. When he close his tap at that time some banging/hammering noise came at my house. Where as as my house I do same then no any banging/hammering observed

Hello, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This problem is common in flats and other properties where the supply splits very close to the dwellings.

The answer is two-fold:

1. Your neighbour has no non-return valve (NRV), or has a faulty one.
They should fit/replace an NRV to prevent backflow.
An example of an NRV is this one.

2. You should install a shock arrestor a short distance downstream of your main stopcock. A suitable product is this one. Even when the pipework is 15mm, I still fit a 22mm NRV to mitigate the restrictive nature of the valve.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.