Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I tried to free a sink plug with a screwdriver and the whole

Customer Question

Hi i tried to free a sink plug with a screwdriver and the whole sink broke.
Its part of a unit.
before I lose sleep over what ive done, can I ask..
it it simply a case of changing the sink over to another 50cm semi recessed one, and keeping the taps and re-siliconing ?
Or am I looking at the whole unit needing tearing apart maybe even the toilet and therefore might as well get a new bathroom whilst im at it !?
If so... could some sort of glue bring the pieces together safely ?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, that washbasin can be replaced.

Do you know the make of it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can see its Twyford from the side, but from what little I can tell lifting it up (not very far up because of the attachments), I cant see a model on it.
Im thinking if I dont buy the exact same one, ill be having to change around a lot of tiling maybe, or maybe I could opt for any half moon (pardon the lack of descriptive ability), design which is semi recessed over this cabinet and then see what happens ???

Ok. I should be able to find the model.

I’ll get back to you before lunchtime.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks so much please take your time no big rush

I'm really sorry - the day was much busier than I expected. I will get on the case and let you know what I find.

Please could you measure the basin - the width at the straight edge behind the taps, and at the centre from back to the front-most lip.

Also, the distance of the centre of the waste from the straight edge behind the taps.