Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a dripping kitchen tap which is gettign worse - hot

Hi there, I have a dripping kitchen tap which is gettign worse - hot tap on a mixer tap. I am pretty certain. it just needs a a washer on the tap, but I am still social distancing for health reasons and would like to delay getting a plumber. My question is, will it do any harm to turn the isolator screw under the tap to just cut the tap of for a couple of weeks? Just wanting to check this doean't cause any problems.( I have other hot water taps and a kettle so can do without short term) Advice welcome - thanks! Anne
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet?
Customer: don;t know!
JA: What have you tried so far with your faucet?
Customer: Do you mean the tap?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am pretty sure the tap just needs a washer as it I put a little pressure on top, it stops dripping, so I basically just would like to know if I can cut off water flow temporarily without other problems?

Good afternoon Anne

It’s perfectly alright to close the isolating valve – that’s what it’s for. No harm will come from doing that :-)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks - just thought it was safer to check!

You're welcome. It's better to be safe than sorry :-)

Please would you rate my assistance, using the 5 stars at the top of the page? The customer's rating is what enables an expert to be paid for their time, so I hope I was helpful to you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apologies - I have a further query - when I looked again I was uncertain which screw was the correct one and one seemed to be linked to electrics - I wonder if you can advise from photo? thanks and happy of course to pay again for this new query - photo won't attach here but hopefully will when reconnected

No need to pay again. Just attach the photo and I'll tell you.

What happened when you tried to attach the photo?

Thank you for your rating :-)