canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Should a water heater last longer than 10 months, It is in

should a water heater last longer than 10 months
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is in the cupboard in my hall and heats water to kitchen and bathroom sinks only
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It was replaced 10 months ago when the earlier one, which was only 17 months old leaked and soaked carpets etc and now the second one has done the same thing. I have had the engineer , authorised by the makers (Ariston) out and they have said it is "casted joint" which is faulty.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am very elderly and this has caused all sorts of problems and I am now without hot water.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. I am so sorry for the troubles you are having. It must be very frustrating.

If the installers have not tested the water pressure then maybe they should. There must be a a cause besides just a faulty device. Water pressure would be one of the main causes of the water heater failing. The other would be if there is not a thermal expansion device installed. If there is not anywhere for the thermal expansion pressure to go then it will damage the water heater. Either way, the cause is almost certainly pressure related. I hope this helps.