Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have just installed a bathroom radiator, only the bottom

i have just installed a bathroom radiator, only the bottom part was heating up so I 'bled' it and it appears to be working now, but when I bled it I only hear hissing noise, no water. the hissing noise is gone but still no water coming outr
JA: What's the brand and model of your radiator? How old is it?
Customer: COMBI 24 HE all othe radiators are ok
JA: How long has this been going on with your radiator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just now. has been switched off for 3 to 4 months and in fact I had to remove it 3 weeks ago from the wall to paint the back wall and now I put it back its when it started happening
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, all other radiators are ok, I have not touch them. just this one which I removed from the wall 3 to 4 months ago so I can paint the wall and behind this radiator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
also I pained the front part of the radiator, but not the back

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Since you have a combi you probably have a sealed system. If so, you need to repressurise the system after venting. Can you see a filling loop that looks like this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you and good morning, yes I have done that too to ensure it stays between 1-2. I am no plumber but I believe that is rule 101

If the pressure is in the correct range (I would not set it above 1.5 bar at cold), and you open the radiator vent, then air should come out followed by water. If not then there is a blockage somewhere.

If you shut both radiator valves and remove the radiator, and place towels and a shallow tray under a valve, you can open that valve and check that water flows. It will probably be a bit squirty, so keep more old towels around just in case. Repeat for the other valve. If both are clear then the radiator vent must be blocked.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have removed the radiator and lots of water came out of it. radiator is now empty of water. did the valve open thing. one end had a trickle of water come out then stopped and the other valve, no water at all
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sorted...got a piece of wire and cleaned the inside of each valve and each end of the radiator - thanks for your help

Excellent! You did well :-)