canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

We had a bath tub fitted but after 2-weeks we noticed that

We had a bath tub fitted but after 2-weeks we noticed that the water does not run quickly in the drain, part of water remains In tub and goes down slowly. We found a temporary solution. This could be an indication for the fault.Next to the bath tub is our sink in bathroom. When the water fills and reaches our feet, we open the tap of sink which then causes the water in the tub to run down quickly/So what could be the problem and how do we solve it? Thank you

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

The issue is that it is not piped properly and the installer will have to correct it.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The person believes it is piped properly and thinks it could be hair or other stuff getting stuck...I doubt it is the reason...In your opinion how is it not piped properly? Because of the joint (for bath and sink?

The fact that it drains when you run the sink is the proof that it is not piped correctly. It is not properly vented (I am in the U. S. so the terminology may not be the same ) and the tub is getting air locked. When you run the water in the sink it breaks the air lock. They would have to add an air admittance valve to the sink.