Gery66
Gery66,
101431949

We want to get an electric shower to our ensuite, we

We want to get an electric shower to our ensuite, we currently have a gravity boiler and the water pressure from that is quite low. The pressure from the mains however is around 4 bar. Can we plumb the electric shower directly into the mains pipe?

Dear Customer,
thank you for your inquiry at JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I try to help you to find a solution for the problem.
To understand you correct, you have currently a gravity boiler with low pressure and you want to replace this one and install an electric shower right? For an electric shower to work effectively, you need a cold water supply with reasonably high water pressure to begin with, because the shower heating unit will reduce the pressure of the water as it flows through, and the relatively high level of the hose and shower head will reduce it even more.

It will need to be connected to a mains water supply with a minimum running pressure of 1.0 bar (14.5 lbs per square inch) at a flow rate of 8 litres/minute and a maximum static running pressure of 10 bar (145 lbs per square inch). This is nothing special and providing you have good mains water pressure, you can probably be assured that your mains water supply meets this requirement.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Best regards.
Your's Gery