Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Biasi M110B.32SM/E, the contence gauge is showing low but No

Customer Question

Hi, Biasi M110B.32SM/E, the contence gauge is showing low but No loss of water in the heating system, I have never came across this this fault, can you advise, Please, George
JA: What happened just before your central heating displayed this message?
Customer: Nothing, I just topped it up and put on the heating, and it is working OK
JA: How long has this been going on with your central heating? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few weeks now start of October I think, I checked all the radiators for any air after the summer as we don't have the heating on, and all the radiators have water content and No air
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that it may be a Fault with the guage, or the discharge valve as in the past there has been a Bad Egg smell from it and I was told by a Biasi staff that it could be this, other than that the boiler has been fine
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

What is the reading on the gauge?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I top the gauge up from 0 and it will stay up for different times, all the heating works ok and the hot water regardless at what the gauge is reading
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not hear that good on a phone as I am deaf,sorry
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

I'm a little surprised that the heating works when the pressure is at zero.

Can you pinpoint where the bad egg smell is coming from?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It was said by Biasi that it was the trap in the boiler
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 days ago.

OK. You aren't the only person to have that odour problem with the condensate trap. However, it's quite easy to clean it out. When was the boiler last serviced?

Do you still have functioning heating and hot water?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ihave done this many times,but the smell is always there and the smell is in my garage to the side of the house and the two properties have had ongoing problems with there,
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 6 days ago.

Two properties?

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 5 hours ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you about this. How are you getting on? What are the two properties that you referred to?