J Peart
J Peart,
Experience:  Superintendant/Red Seal Plumber at Shiketanz Real Estate
101236091

My shower initially is hot for 20 sec then something clicks

My shower initially is hot for 20 sec then something clicks then it goes cold forever it’s a Mira 9.5 kw gravity feed the flow rate before it goes into shower is 12 litres per min so I understand that’s it’s not a great flow rate so what I’m suggesting to do is put a 8 kw shower in because of the poor flow rate would this keep the shower constantly hit
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: well for 5 years it worked fine but the last 2 years I haven’t had a descent shower
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have bought the same shower fitted it but the sa e thing has happened
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well my house is a farm the water is off a spring the boiler says we have 1.2 bar pressure
Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** hopefully I can help. From what you're describing it sounds like the shower has become faulty or, at the very least, isn't working as efficient as it once did. This could be caused by a few things including age or mineral buildup. If the 9.5 kw worked for you before I'd stick with that and maybe get someone in to check the heating element. The KW has to do with the heater not the flow rate so going to a lower kw is likely to overwork the heating element.
Hopefully this helps. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Please take a moment to leave a positive review and have a great day