James
James, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

I have just replaced the thermal cut out on my triton

Customer Question

I have just replaced the thermal cut out on my triton aquatronic 4 ultra shower - which is working ok but when turning off the shower is does but then the water in the tank gets heated up and steam comes out of the head- it seems as if it is not turning off
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: triton aquatronic 4 ultra
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have just replaced the thermal cut out on my triton aquatronic 4 ultra shower - which is working ok but when turning off the shower is does but then the water in the tank gets heated up and steam comes out of the head- it seems as if it is not turning off
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is about it
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Has my question been sent to an expert to answer
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is James, I'm a Plumbing Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

You would need to prove this by measuring the voltage going to the heating element when the shower is turned off, it may just be residual heat from the element which is causing the remaining water to boil off.

Where the element remains live and continues to heat then you need to be looking at the PCB.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks - I have been able to get an electrician to come out and check it over for me