Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I was wondering if it was possible to have a plumber proccur

Hi! I was wondering if it was possible to have a plumber proccur me a cistern top replacement? Ours was unfortunately dropped and the ceramic cracked. I am unsure how to check's a toilet brand (we are renting this flat) but I have the dimension of the lid and can provide pictures.
JA: What's the brand and model of your toilet? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure about any of this, so sorry.
JA: What have you tried so far with your toilet?
Customer: Can't try anything its just broken ceramic
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that its only the lid that needs replacing and I'm unsure where/how to buy that myself, your help would be much appreciated!

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, cistern lids aren't available, generally. However, there might be a way forward.

Firstly, if you still have the old cistern lid, there is usually a casting number on the underside. Please attach a photo of that.

A photo of the entire toilet would also be useful.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Tim, thank you for your help! Attached are photos of the inside of the lid, as well as the entire toilet itself.

Your photos are perfect, but I can't glean anything from the casting code. Are there any more markings on the inside of the cistern?

Your best bet is probably to consult the following company, which specialises in secondhand cistern lids:

https://www.toiletcisternlidreplacement.uk/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help Tim, I will inquire with this company. All the best, ***** *****

You're welcome, but do let me know if you reach a dead end.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer.

Have a wonderful day :-)