Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I am looking for a plumber to go to my address in London and

Customer Question

I am looking for a plumber to go to my address in London and fix a faulty boiler. I think a component in the Worcester boiler has blown due to an electrical fault in the house. Can you help please?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: It’s juts dead
JA: What have you tried so far with your boiler?
Customer: turning it on and nothing happens
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can you find a plumber who can go to the property?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

If it's an electrical fault, most plumbers won't be trained to fix it. If it's a component inside the boiler, then in any case you need a Gas Safe registered engineer, not a plumber.

Also, it's possible that there's an electrical fault but outside the boiler, in which case you'd need an electrician. What makes you believe that it's a boiler fault?

Have you tried calling the engineer who last serviced the boiler?
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.