Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My tap won't stop running and I can't turn the water off at

Customer Question

My tap won't stop running and I can't turn the water off at the mains
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet? How old is it?
Customer: I don't actually know but it's one of the older ones with the prongs that stick out
JA: How long has this been going on with your faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since about 1. Tried to turn the screw in the stopcock and it didn't do anything.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.
So that I can advise you on the valve you're trying to close, please attach a photo of it.
_____
There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 17 days ago.

Good evening, I haven't heard back from you.
If you're unable to turn off a local isolating valve, then you'll have to use the main stop cock.
If you need further guidance I will be happy to help.