Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Keston system 30. I cannot restart this boiler

Customer Question

I have a Keston system 30. I cannot restart this boiler having tried the system several times
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your Keston boiler? How old is it?
Customer: Not receving error codes or blinking lights unfortunately, 4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Keston boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started when I turned of the central heating for the summer. That was last friday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Up to last friday it was working perfectly. Nothing more to add
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 10 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Are you attempting to heat up the radiators, or the hot water, or both?

How do you control the system? Do you have a programmer and a room thermostat?
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, I haven't heard back from you.
I suspect the boiler isn't faulty, but that there's a problem with one of the components outside the boiler.  It could be:
Programmer
Room thermostat
Cylinder thermostat
Motorised zone valve
Wiring
I recommend that you start at the motorised zone valve(s) and check that this is behaving as expected.  If you're unsure how to do that, I will be happy to give you guidance.