Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

NEW BATHROOM: What's a reasonable range for a quote to

NEW BATHROOM:
What's a reasonable range for a quote to install an average 3-piece bathroom?

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

That's an impossible question to answer - there are too many variables. Have you received any quotations?

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Oh, sorry, it's one of the recommended questions on JustAnswer. I've had a quote of £6,000 but that feels quote high, and I'm stuggling to find anyone else who's available.

I think that's the way of things at the moment. For example, I won't have time to do any bathrooms until April 2022. Given that demand is exceeding supply at the moment, you'll probably have to pay over what would be the average in a "normal" year.

On a project of this size I recommend that you get everything down in writing, for clarity, including layout on a diagram, dimensions, and a precise list of components that you want, and another list of things that you're leaving to the installer to specify. If you find yourself "hoping" that the installer understand what you want, stop right there and discuss it. Make no assumptions.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks. Is there a shortage of supplies out there at the moment, or is it just that loads more people are looking to get work like this done than a "normal" year?

It's combinations of factors:

1. The number of installers has taken a hit, just like every trade and profession in the country.

2. The amount of remedial and maintenance work is at a peak, because less of it was carried out during the three lockdowns, so there's a backlog.

3. Some sanitaryware is slower to obtain - for example when it's imported.

Thank you for your rating.  I'm glad that I could help.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer.

Have a wonderful weekend :-)