James
James, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

I’ve bought the wrong type of Mira shower, a high pressure

Customer Question

I’ve bought the wrong type of Mira shower, a high pressure control unit instead of a pumped so need to swap the black box with the right unit as the whole shower is now installed
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: It’s just been discovered when the plumber installed it
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: called Mira to ask them to exchange the control unit for the pumped version but they said I have to buy a new unit and that’s £595!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I bought it from Amazon and of course they would want to just exchange the whole thing but it’s already installed!
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I hope you can help
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm a Plumbing Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
As the digital processor has been used the part is second hand, so in reality as there is no fault on the box you will struggle to arrange a return I would have thought.

You could look to buy a complete new kit (pumped version, then use all the parts except the processor to build up the packaging of the wrong kit you purchased), you could then see as you have a complete set if Amazon will deal with a return, and that then just leaves you with the new processor, failing that buy a pumped processor and sell the non-pumped one on ebay.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you and yes, that’s what we are going to try now. Amazon should accept the return and we can buy another complete shower & take out the right box. Thanks!