Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

The water in my mix tap shower is only coming out of the tap

Customer Question

The water in my mix tap shower is only coming out of the tap and not the shower head anymore since this morning.
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure of the brand but it’s only a few month old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been going on since this morning. It was working fine the day before. I have tried the other tap in the house and they seem to work fine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that I can think of
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

This sounds like a diverter valve problem. Could you tell me the make and model of your mixer tap? Or, attach a photo so that I can identify it.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you.
I recommend that you service the diverter valve on the shower.  If you're not sure how to then I can offer guidance if you tell me the make and model.  It's possible that it's not intended by the manufacturer to be serviced, in which case you'd have to replace the shower valve.