James
James, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

We have a Franke hot water tap which is leaking, and has

Customer Question

We have a Franke hot water tap which is leaking, and has been for some time, from the twist handle. It has now started leaking in to the overflow under the sink.
JA: What have you tried so far with your leaky faucet?
Customer: Have not tried anything - don’t know what to try
JA: How long has this been going on with your faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been leaking from the twist handle for about a year; it wasn’t too bad so we put up with it, but it has started getting worse in last few weeks.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure, it is fitted in to a Corian work surface
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm a Plumbing Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
How old is the hot water tap?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The hot water tap and associated boiler are approx 6 years old
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

The leak from the handle is likely to suggest the valve has perished and needs replaced, do you know the model of tap fitted?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not off the top of my head I am afraid
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Without the model of tap I can't advise the exact part, once you get home if you are still not sure on the model you can send a picture to *****@******.*** and they will identify it for you.

Where you know the model of tap you can call 0161(###) ###-####and they can give you a quote for parts or repair if you do not want to replace the cartridge \ valve yourself.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know.