James
James, Plumber
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

I need to get a toilet seat plus lid to attach to disabled

Customer Question

I need to get a toilet seat plus lid to attach to disabled toilet which has ? tags on inner side of toilet seat to keep toilet
JA: What's the brand and model of your toilet? How old is it?
Customer: it is approx 5-6 years old not sure of name but it has a symbol which looks CK orEK
JA: How long has this been going on with your toilet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the toilet seat was broken when my husband fell on it. Have tried a normal seat with lid but it keeps sliding from side to side
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: o
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Generally you get three styles of seat, round, open and U shape. Where the replacement is lose it sounds like you just need a plumber to attend and a fix it correctly to the toilet pan.

So in the first instance get a handy man to attend verify its the correct style for you toilet and they will use the correct fixings to stop it from moving once fitted

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou for your advice i will get someone to help me choose the correct one
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

I have been asked to acknowledge I have closed the question, have a great day, should you need further assistance please do reply back and this will reopen the question.