How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Your Own Question
James, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 10973
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
James is online now

Son bought house Manchester. Had stop leak under sink.three

Customer Question

Son bought house Manchester . Had stop cock leak under sink.three weeks ago Recent issue with ‘rising damp’ internal wall and small area on a corner. Both walls internal . Not near leak. Not near pipes! Been quoted £2700 for new damp proof course ?!?🙄🥴
JA: How long have you been dealing with this sink issue?
Customer: The valve was found to have ‘gone’ in the stop tap. kitchen flooded .been in house 8 months . Has used the stop cock a few times for fitting washing machine etc .
JA: How long has this been going on with your sink? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Stop cock was repaired professionally same day .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Internal wall no where near sink? House built 1949. Previous owner seems to of been a bit of a DIY. But not a very good one?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My son and daughter in law had to remove laminate flooring in the kitchen area . They feel there has been issue with water previously.
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Doesn't sound like the DPC if its that low down and effecting the floor. In reality I would get some samples taken of the brick to show there is rising damp before looking at chemically treating the DPC. The DPC should have also been checked as part of the survey for the property so worth going back to the surveyor to see what observations they had.

May also be worth getting an inspection camera fitted in the void to see if you have bridging between the outer and inner skin of the brick, as it does sound strange the issue is localised.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you . I’ve mentioned all this to my son it’s nice to have your valued opinion to back me up. Thanks again .
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.