How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Your Own Question
James, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 10990
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
James is online now

Can’t remove drain assembly, Today. I’m trying to replace

Customer Question

Can’t remove drain assembly
JA: How long have you been dealing with this drain issue?
Customer: Today. I’m trying to replace the tap and drain assembly. But there seems no nut under neath the sink to remove the drain
JA: How long has this been going on with your drain? What have you tried so far?
Customer: removing it. But it seems stuck fast
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it attached from factory. I wouldn’t have thought so
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can’t seem to see any but to loosen it off and remove the drain. I presume they don’t come stuck into the sink assembly?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
see any nut
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I thought by undoing the drain pipe it should just lift out.
Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.
If you look bottom up through the fixing can you see a bolt head?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. No there seems to be nothing there. When I remove the plug from the drain, i can see all the way through to the main plastic waste pipe
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (P4LLGLS)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The top and bottom seems to screw together, as I can feel the thread about 3 inches down the drain. So question is, is it reverse thread?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Or normal
Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

It should be a normal thread, anti clockwise to loosen. Typically these fittings normally have a gland you can hold the top part with under the sink but cant see that from your picture.