Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have lost pressure in my bathroom after I replaced my

Customer Question

I have lost pressure in my bathroom after I replaced my toilet I don't understand why my cold water is barely coming through if at all
JA: What's the brand and model of your toilet? How old is it?
Customer: It's a few days old and I don't know the brand or model unfortunately
JA: The Plumber can help you find the model number for your toilet; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your toilet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried purging any possible air from the pipes and its been going on since this morning when I turned the water off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's not my property I was doing this as a favour 2 a family friend
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your water pressure problem.

I'll just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need. Please bear with me as it's quite busy here this evening.

Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Please tell me where you're observing that the water flow is very slow.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
In the cistern sink and bath the cold water is barely flowing at all
Expert:  Tim JA replied 15 days ago.

Where did you isolate the cold water when doing the plumbing work?

Expert:  Tim JA replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, I haven't heard back from you yet. Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

I would check that any valves that you closed are fully open.  Another possibility is that some debris inside the pipework has been disturbed and is forming a blockage.

If you can respond with more details, I can be more specific and likely add more information for you.