Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

We have a 1000mm shower tray and sliding doors which are

Customer Question

We have a 1000mm shower tray and sliding doors which are 960mm. Is there a way to fill the gap? Not sure why they can as a package if the door won’t fit!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this shower issue?
Customer: today
JA: How long has this been going on with your shower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking at infill strips
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

Please could you explain further?  Have these products already been installed, or are you at the planning/design stage?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are ready to install the screen but we noted that it only expands to a maximum of 990mm when the gap is 1000mm
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

Personally, I would return the screen and buy one that's designed to fit a 1000mm gap.

If the two items came as a package then there are two possibilities:

1  The retailer made a mistake and supplied incompatible items.

2. The tray is designed, as most are, for the walls to be tiled down onto it.  Tiling will add a minimum of 6mm per side, and with thicker tiles even more.

So have the walls been tiled yet?