Tim JA
Tim JA, Engineer
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a 3-way tap in my kitchen. This was fitted about 5

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 3-way tap in my kitchen. This was fitted about 5 years ago (approx). Now it has started dripping and the plumber has isolated the drip coming from the left side (hot).
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet?
Customer: Brand is Franke but I wouldn’t know where to find the model
JA: The Plumber can help you find the model number for your faucet; I'll connect you shortly. What's the brand and model of your faucet?
Customer: he is not here now. He was here yesterday and he went to our local plumbing shop who asked us to contact you.
JA: How long has this been going on with your faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been dripping for last 3-4 weeks. We’ve been waiting on a plumber to come identify the issue
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. In the old days we used to change the washer but now apparently we need a part that needs replacing can we speak to someone. Feel like a lot of water is being wasted.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.
Good afternoon, and welcome to Just Answer.If you attach a photo of your tap I should be able to identify it, and then I can tell you where to get spare parts.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here goes
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Another
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.
OK I see the photos.  Please bear with me for about 15 minutes.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 8 days ago.

This is a Franke Olympus Triflow tap, and if it was made in or after 2011 then you order parts from the following web page:

https://central-servicesuk.co.uk/franke-tap-spares/filterflow-olympus

If the tap predates 2011, then you need to contact GRL Direct: 01603 875468.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your message.
The plumber is here and this does match.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Comparing the new and old. It doesn’t match
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

I'd say that they might well match, but you need to remove the brass shroud from the old cartridge and transfer it to the new one.