Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I have a new Thermalec 12THR heater. I have been using it to

Customer Question

I have a new Thermalec 12THR heater. I have been using it to heat my pool for around 2 months. Now it has started to leak & it looks like it is coming from the aperture that the safety control thermostat is located in. Any ideas what might be causing this please?
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Thermalec
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know yet. It depends on what is wrong with the heater.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. Is it possible to send a photo?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will wait
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to helpPlease disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
You can upload a photo directly to our chat box and I’ll have a lookLook forward to helping you=)
Tamad
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Tamar*
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tamar. Thanks. I'm uploading a photo now. Hopefully you will see it.
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Okay let me see if I can pull the photo up
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Ah so this just appears to be a control panel with some components on it, not really a board per say, is there any other photo you can upload? any numbers on the equipment?By the way what’s gone wrong with the heater?
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Just leaking ?
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
Looks like around the copper well with the black wire?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is just leaking and the pump is only 2 months old. It does look like it is coming from the safety control valve hole. Will send some more pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pictures sent
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.

Right on. Does the safety control thermostat thread into place?
Or is it stuck in with a rubber bushing.
We mainly work on RAYPAKS & HAYWARDS at our company.

Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.

If it's threaded in you may b e able to re-thread it/seal it up with threadtape or pipe-dope.
If need be you can order the safety control thermostat. Ive got a link to their website.
They just have small basic replacement parts up there, for something big youd need to ring them directly.
https://www.thermalec.co.uk/spare-parts/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tamar. I called Thermalec & a technician will send me a replacement "Stat Pocket". hopefully that will work, Thanks for your help on this. Peter
Expert:  Tamar D replied 2 years ago.
You’re welcome!I hope that helps you. If you have another question feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to respond ASAP. If not all I ask is please take a few seconds of your time and rate the question with 5 stars on the top left that way JustAnswer will credit/pay me as the expert for answering you, if you’ve got a follow up question after rating for me, you can ask it free of charge in the same box =)Thanks!
Tamar