JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I’m thinking of buying an Intex Clear sand filter for my

I’m thinking of buying an Intex Krystal Clear sand filter for my above ground pool, but I don’t have an Intex pool
Assistant: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: It looks like I need 3 inlets or outlets to install one?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Bestway
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes I plan to install it myself

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What is the model\spec of the Bestway above ground pool, and which of the Intext sand filters are you looking at.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. So basically I believe I need a better probably sand filter for my above ground pool (approx 13,500 litres), a Bestway round pool. The most reasonable seems to be an Intex Krystal Clear but I’m not sure if it will fit my pool
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/piscine-tubulaire-ultra-intex-diam-4-27-m-x-h-1-22-m-e1501896697

Ok do you have a link to the sand filter as there are many in that range,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is that
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bought and installed in France

Right that link takes me to the pool, what about the filter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was looking at this or the 6m3 version of Intex filter
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/filtre-a-sable-pour-piscine-intex-4-m3-h-e1501898367
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Or maybe this one
https://www.amazon.fr/Krystal-Filter-Ground-12-inch-110-120V/dp/B07F39JZGQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=Intex+Krystal+Clear+Sand+Filter+Pump+for+Above+Ground+Pools&qid=1564078359&refresh=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The last one is more expensive of course. I’m not sure if it is the same however

Right so the Intext model number of the second is SF90110

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok will either of those types fit my Bestway? I believe it just has one inlet and one outlet. I don’t actually use them as I only use the Flowclear suspended cartridge filter it came with

Ok, the first link you sent me was for an intex pool, the Intex sand filters do have one inlet and one outlet, plug a mechanism for draining\backwashing the sand filter, so would normally fit the thing to look at is the diameter of the connection which is 38mm for the first link of the sand filter you sent me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh I am sorry you’re right. I will find the right link to the Bestway pool I have
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is my Bestway pool
https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/piscine-tubulaire-56664-bestway-x-h-1-07-m-e1501060947

Right you will need an adaptor, as best way use 30mm fittings as standard, so the pipes wont just 'connect'

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ah ok. Do you have a recommendation for a good sand filter (or other type) that will more easily fit my pool?

I would just buy the adaptor see here for 12 Euro

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks. So you agree that one of thos smallish Intex sand filters is a good option for best performance though generally?

Yes in terms of quality and value for money, your aware you also need a pump as well?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I wasn’t! I thought those packages included pump

I would double check (my french isnt that good) but I think it only includes a pre-filter and the sandfilter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. And the Amazon deal? Does that include pump?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which is French too I just realised)

The label on the image isnt :-)

that says the pump has a 0.25HP pump, I couldnt see any spec of the pump on the other website.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which might explain why they are cheaper
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks James. I will double check before I purchase and also get the adaptors

great

Appreciate if you can rate the response using the star rating at the top of this page