JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I have a rotospa and have fitted a new wetend and a new

i have a rotospa and have fitted a new wetend and a new filter but when i run the rotospa it will only run for 7 mins and then stop the pump light and the heater light stays on and if i leave it it will come back on and run for an other 7mins and so on i have tried to bleed all the air out of the sytem any idears please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: only fitted the new wet end two days ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: have all ready fitted new one myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not what i can think off
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Nicola Yes i would be willing to wait but thought i would just update you on my problem We have now had the hot tub on for 4 days now and is getting hot very slowly and at this moment is 26 degs as the motor will only run for 1min 40 seconds and then stops for 3min 20 seconds i did think it was a bit longer so i timed it and as we have left it running now for 4 days there is no change in its running at all I also put a temp gaug 40 seconds
e on the out side of the electric motor and got a reading of 65 degs do these motors run that hot ????? as i say the pump will only run for 1minregards Andrew

Hi Andrew, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

They can get that hot if being left on solidly for 4 days (all being cycling on and off every few mins).

Typically with these issues it points to lock out, what would be useful is to see how many amps the pumps are pulling when running, as it could be the PCB is going into a fault state if its detecting the pumps pulling to much current, however as no error is shown on the display, most likely its a faulty PCB.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your reply will have to now consult an electrician as it is now beyond my knowledge but thank you for your help

No problem, I would suggest you opt for a swimming pool or spa engineer, electricians in my mind dont really understand complexities of heating circuits.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

JamesI, Electrician
Experience: James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No but thank you for you advise
Regards Andrew