JamesI
JamesI, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

We have a Balboa electrinoc spa control. We have it set on

Goodmorning we have a Balboa electrinoc spa control. We have it set on economy for 8am to 10am in morning and 8pm to 10pm in the evening. The morning one switches of but the evening one keeps running.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this spa issue?
Customer: 2 months now
JA: How long has this been going on with your spa? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried changing time turning off and turing back on.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

So you have restarted it the times are showing correctly but its not stopping at 10pm?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes that is correct.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
yes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you know how long he will be
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
about two months

Sorry for the delay what is the model of hot tub you have has there are a vast number of Balboa control units

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could it bes 54 M-7C Venu
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry Venus 54 M-7C
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
More info Astro Spas Venus 54 Serial number G90074

Right having looked at the engineer guide which is rather lacking, your seeing EC shown on the display so know its in economy mode, you have the correct time shown, and you have the correct interval times set but its not starting at the second interval in the evening, but it was previously working some weeks ago?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is starting in the evening but not stopping it was working a few weeks ago.

Ok I can give you a call but in this instance the fault present points to a fault in the time module which is part of the main control board.

There isnt anything which would stop it reheating at the second time slot when on Eco assuming the temp was below the set temp.

So the next stage would be to get a Spa engineer out to replace the board I would suggest.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have had some out and they do not seem to know what they are doing we will tryy again another engineer

Ok so what you need to be asking them to check what they beleive to be cause (you dont necessarily want to give away the diagnosis) however once they say it could be the board, get them to inspect it for damage, as some times they can be repaired but based on this fault its probably the IC which means a new board.

Explain to the firm you call to get an engineer it appears to be a software fault based on it working except for this secondary timer, and ask them if they can source spares should they be needed, that should all give you confidence in the firm coming out.