Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My outdoor swimming pool control system has an ALTO AL3776

Customer Question

My outdoor swimming pool control system has an ALTO AL3776 DOL Starter. Can you explain why a DOL starter is necessary, please. Any suggestions on wiring?
JA: Do you have a multimeter or voltage tester? What colors are the wires?
Customer: I do have a tester. Blue, brown and earth colours - UK
JA: How long has this been going on with your wiring? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't touched it yet! An electrician came round to replace timers for boiler and pump but has made a mess of it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think the DOL Starter is wired correctly ie untouched but I'm trying to understand its purpose.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Pls try for a bit longer.
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 3 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 3 days ago.

The purpose of the DOL Starter is merely to safely isolate the pool pump and provide overload current protection.

What are the symptoms of your problem? What was the task that the electrician didn't complete successfully?