James
James, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

My spa heater keeps cutting of after a short time, We

Customer Question

My spa heater keeps cutting of after a short time
JA: Is your heater gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: We purchased November 2019 it is electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we set it up Monday this week after winter storage
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we put new filter in bubble work ok
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  James replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm a Pool & Spa Engineer with over 20 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your heater, and what do you mean by cutting off (does it trip the electrics, switch it self off or go into a idle mode)?

Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Where the heater is tripping the RCD its likely you have an earth leakage fault which means a new element is required.