James
James, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I have a 24x12 above ground pool. I've just opened it up

Hi there, I have a 24x12 above ground pool. I've just opened it up from the winter and cleaned it,but I keep getting what I can only describe as white/grey silt on the bottom and I'm struggling to get rid of it. Please help
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: It is a jilong
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes as always
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I run the pump and glass filter everyday to try and move it but to no avail

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

I assume you left the pool filled over the winter?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
it was filled and treated for the winter
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I've just hoovered it again and within 30 mins I can see it settling already

The sediment is likely calcium or binding agent from the chemical treatment used, using a vac doesn't work as when you such the sediment it dissolves in the water. If you set your filter to backwash or vent \ direct to drain and then place the vac over the area it will pump out the water out.

Over time of running the pump and stirring up the water the sediment should collect in the filter

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's what I thought tbh but just wanted to make sure from someone in the know. Thanks for your help

I have been asked to acknowledge I have closed the question, have a great day, should you need further assistance please do reply back and this will reopen the question.