James
James, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I can't seem to reduce the water temp on my J-335. It's been

Customer Question

I can't seem to reduce the water temp on my J-335.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It's been running since I restarted a week ago. The temp it seems to have settled at is 40C.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: on startup a week ago it settled at 34.5, the temp I'd used last year and the one I was trying to get back to. I have followed the handbook and it keeps jumping back to 40c.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

What is shown on the display and when you press the down button to reduce the temp what is shown on the display?

Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

I would start by checking key lock is not enabled and power off the spa at the mains socket for 2 minutes then power it back up and see if the temp will not drop down. Should that fail check to see if service lock has been enabled to prevent the settings being changed.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks James - sorry for delay; I got called away. I thought that I might try that, but I'll try it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on then.
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.