James
James, Electrician
Experience:  James has 7 years expereince managing and support pool plant equipmant for swimming pools.
75967336

I bought a 10ft pool about 10 days ago. The garden where it

I bought a 10ft pool about 10 days ago. The garden where it is in almost completely shaded by a large tree outside of the garden. This is causing a problem with sap from the tree. I have tried using the net, the hoover but it is not picking up the sediment on the bottom. Using either just brings it to the surface and I feel that is why then the filter stops working, no suction.
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: Intex
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

The filter should be backwashed or removed and hosed down depending on if its a sand filter or cartridge regularly, the only thing you can do is fit a pool cover if you are having issues with sap and debris from the tree getting into the pool.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for that, I will still have the problem when the cover is off and the grandchildren are in the pool. Is there a safe solution I can add to help with it.

There isn't any chemical additive you can use to address tree sap I am afraid.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK thanks anyway.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.