350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for the last 22 years

I have just bought a 2002 auto boxster s with sat nav and cruise

Customer Question

I have just bought a 2002 auto boxster s with sat nav and cruise control. The sat nav is not very good as it won't allow a postcode to be entered so I was wondering if this was something that could be upgraded to a better user interface and display. I was also wondering if it was easy to upgrade the cruise to include a speed limiter? One final thing is that there is no trip computer to give me information... is it possible to have this fitted? Sorry for all the questions, but I hope someone can point me in the right direction on these things... thanks in advance!
Category: Porsche
Expert:  350matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello there are several aftermarket options to upgrade the stereo / sat navfor example its case of finding a unit that best suits your needs as to sort out the lack of trip computer then a bit of modification is requiredthis excellent post lists whats required as for the cruise speed limiter then no this isn't possible as the cruise control functionality is hard coded into the ECU