350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for the last 22 years
12772297

I have a 2002 Boxster. The battery went flat and i could not

I have a 2002 Boxster. The battery went flat and i could not open the bonnet. I used the fuse panel technique but the electronic switch did not flip. I then went looking for the emergency release. The Right hand (drivers side) wheel arc panel is already missing, the release was not there. So i went looking on the other side. I could not get the wheel off since the locking nut is in the boot. I prised around trying to get access and felt at the end i would sacrifice the panel to gain access. In using my dremel I cut through something behind the panel, right by the wheel arch which released compressed gas (no fluid) for about 5 minutes. Whoops! What have i cut? Is it potentially fatal for the vehicle?
Frustratingly, i then found the cigarette lighter to cigarette lighter trick on line, and hey presto, bonnet open. Oh dear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
happy to wait....I have after all, paid your fee!
George
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. We do offer a refund if you are not satisfied.

OK this sounds to me that you may have cut through an AC line?

you didn't breathe it in did you as it can have some nasty effects if inhaled? if you feel short of breath or anything odd get yourself to a doctor.

the good news is that the AC pressure switch will prevent the pump from being turned on so you can continue to drive the car with no issues other than non functional AC

350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for the last 22 years
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thanks for that. You have confirmed what I and my father in law reckoned i had done! I did need confirmation though that the car was safe to drive