Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My gt3 shows a fault sign...backrest not secured...the

Customer Question

my gt3 shows a fault sign...backrest not secured...the passenger seat adjust electrics have stopped working and smoke has come from under the seat
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The smoke,message you see as well as the seat not adjusting are all related.This can be due to an issue with the seat control motors themselves at fault needing replaced.The seat control motor can fail and causes this issue here.I would have the seat motors inspected/checked for any issues and if any issues are found they will need repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete