Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Porshe boxter passenger door won't lock alarm won't set 986

Customer Question

Porshe boxter passenger door won't lock alarm won't set 986 year 2000
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is usually a fault with the door lock/latch assembly itself.It fails electronically causing this issue here with the latch needing replaced.You will want to check and make sure no wiring is found damaged leading to the door and in the door causing this issue as well.If all wiring is found to be o.k. then usually the latch assembly has to be replaced.Once this is repaired it should lock and the alarm should then set.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete