PorscheDoc
PorscheDoc, Porsche Mechanic
Experience:  Porsche shop owner
14582033

I have recently replace the alternator on my 997 Porsche,

Customer Question

I have recently replace the alternator on my 997 Porsche, battery is fine and charging rate good, but I now have the Battery/Alternator light showing on dash. If I switch engine off then restart the code disappears, until I stop again. How can I get rid of this light?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  350matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

the battery light is actually an important part of the charging system as the load from the bulb switches the alternator over to charging,

1st check the wiring to earth for the bulb and also check the bulb is the correct rating

also check that the alternator is secure to the engine as this provides the ground for the charging circuit and make sure that the engine / gearbox earth strap is secure and the contacts are clean and bright.