Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I need to replace the rear view mirror on my 2011 Porsche

Customer Question

Hi there I need to replace the rear view mirror on my 2011 Porsche Boxter S The mirror has the autodim option and the interior glass is hazy and permanently flecked with darkened liquid I assume. I have sourced a replacement but nor sure of how to get the existing one off without damaging the windscreen or electrical comnnections. Is there a simple way of doing it? Best regards ***** *****
JA: Are you fixing your Boxster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havnt done anything with the interior mirror on the car but looked at the replacement mirror and seen a small hole that has a catch that can be moved but the springs inside the mounting look quite strong so assume that you may have to rotate the mirror base
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is probably all I need at the moment trhanks
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I confirm that I am happy to wzit until you find the right expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any luck with finding an expert who can answer my question?
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like some answer if possible but the response needs to be with available by Saturday pm Uk time otherwise close the question Thanks
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you want to replace the mirror yourself?
have you already tried to take the old one off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there I have managed to work it out myself thankyou. The trick was to remove the plastic casing around the rear view mirror support pylon. You can then carefully twist off the mirror from the button struck on the windscreen, disconnect the push in electrical plug from the front of the mirror fixing then it comes free from the car. Replacement is obviously the reverse process. All sorted and working as Porsche designed it too. Thanks but don't need any help on this question now.

Great, i am glad it is now sorted. In case you need help with anything else let me know.
Kind regards.